Question: Explain the methods of EAI Siebel Adapter
CRUD operations on Siebel Database. Following methods are available on the service:
- Query method is used to query data from Siebel, output of this method is Integration Object instance.
- Query can be executed using :
- Row id of the primary BusComp
- Search spec consisting of parent and child buscomp fields.
- Integration object instance - which is also known as Query By Example
- Only required input argument of this method is Output Integration Object Name which is the name of integration object which is queried by the service.
- Insert Method can be used to insert records in siebel database.
- This method only accepts integration object instance as input argument.
- Values must be provided for all the fields of at least one user key.
- Is used to update the records in siebel database
- Method will throw error if no records or multiple records found for the user key defined.
- Performs synchronise operation for child bus comp.
- Is combination of Insert and Update.
- Method queries for provided user key values and decides to update if record is found in database otherwise it deletes the records.
- Delete method is used to delete one or more records from the database. Inputs which can be provided are:
- Primary Row Id of primary business component.
- Search spec
- Integration Component Instance.
- Exception: It does not deletes the child records from the database if child IC is not present in inputs.
- Synchronize method combines insert, update and delete operations and make the database content as same as integration object instance.If there is only a new child present in integration object instance then this method will delete all the child records from database and create new one from input instance.
- Does not delete child data if child component is not present in integration object instance.
- Deletes all the child records if instance has empty container.
- Execute method performs operation depending upon the operation variable present in the instance.
- Operations that can be specified is: Insert, Update, Upsert, Delete
Popular Configuration Interview Questions: