January 16, 2020

State of Siebel in 2020?

Hello Readers,

It has been a while since I have posted on this blog. I have moved on from Siebel the second time. Still see some of my friends working in Siebel and keep getting furious.

Just wondering what are my readers are doing in 2020? Please take some time out and let us know the actual state of Siebel this year.


Live results





Many things have happened since I last posted.
Siebel unleashed vanished :(

via GIPHY

No more posts on Impossible Siebel :(

via GIPHY

No more posts on Siebel Mantra :(

via GIPHY

And such a once a wonderful blogging community just vanished.

I have stopped reading siebelhub.com,  hope it is doing great. I hope you all are doing great. Would love to read your comments and connect.





 -Jim

2 comments :

  1. I am still holding on to my siebel job, but only because I am a permanent employee of my govt employer. They don't trust any cloud stack with citizen information. So we continue to maintain the legacy systems. I tried to move across to salesforce, but due to the oversupply, they were all contracting jobs ~ 3months. The average DEV time on cloud projects has come down to a few months.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Howdy Static Variable... good to see your comment. That might be the pattern. Only Siebel customer these days are the govt organizations. And If you tried it like 3 years back then yes 3 months contracting salesforce positions is true.. but if you try now you will find long term contracts and longer term positions. Salesforce have grown a lot lot. It is more than a CRM now and typical projects are running at least 12 months.

      I have heard Salesforce on private cloud offering is coming soon, as salesforce has take other customers anyway, i think its natural progression. Salesforce run on AWS anyway, it won't be not that distant future that you will see Salesforce running pvt cloud for govt organizations.

      Just think from future proofing your career point of view... even if your current employer asked you to work on salesforce project as you might have domain experience, tell me how difficult it will be for you to compete a grad student who has worked on salesforce for one year, and an expert from salesforce?

      All those thoughts have pushed me to join salesforce bandwagon... I know that it is too late already but I don't see any other choice.

      Delete